Strategic Business PartneringNew!
Orchestrating value driven corporate functions.
Download pdf and get a detailed program description!
Value Driven Corporate Functions
The role of corporate functions is changing! HR, Finance, IT, and other corporate specialists can no longer rely solely on distinguished functional expertise. The volatility of many markets, strategic agility of many companies as well as expectations from business leaders creates demand for corporate functions to take an engaging, proactive and value creating role in the developing and executing the strategic position of the organization.
The purpose of the Strategic Business Partnering program is to strengthen your strategic capabilities as a senior business partner or corporate functions leader and enable you to play an active role in the strategic direction of your organization. The program will do this through an engaging action learning approach that will provide you with tools and perspectives to understand the strategic position of your business, orchestrate value creating interventions and draw on cross-functional synergies to maximize the value add of corporate functions as a whole – beyond functional expertise and organizational affiliation.
The program presents theories of organization and Business Partnering as frames for understanding how the role of and expectations to corporate functions change as a consequence of contextual and strategic alterations. The program features a combination of theoretical models, intervention practices, and case-discussions on the logics of, potential contributions from and ways of working in each of the functional areas of a corporate function with the intent of improving the collaboration across the corporate functions to increase their impact.
Download the full course description (pdf) on top of the page.
After completion of the course, you have obtained:
- Capabilities to drive value creation through strategic insights, impactful engagement with the line of business and cross-functional collaboration
- Improved understanding of your own and other corporate functions via cross-functional sparring with senior business partners and corporate function leaders
- Frameworks for advanced strategic business understanding
- Frameworks for agile strategy development and execution as the foundation for developing targeted, functional, and aligned corporate function strategies
- Simple and practical concepts designed for easy implementation in your organization to facilitate change in both your own corporate function and cross-functionally
- Techniques for advanced executive communication and presentations
- A network of senior corporate functions leaders with which you have exchanged perspectives and tools to maximize your impact
The program is in English to accommodate international participants.
The program mainly targets senior business partners and directors in HR, Finance, IT and other corporate functions of large corporations with an interest in taking business partnering to the next level. Leaders of business partnering teams and/or support functions in mid-sized companies can also benefit from the course. Attendance from different functional areas of expertise is an important aspect of this program to facilitate cross-functional learnings.
The program is designed as an action learning journey spanning four months to accommodate reflection and experimentation with cases in participants’ own organizations:
17-18 August 2023, 09:00 - approx. 16:30
13 September 2023 (online)
Between: Two facilitated group sessions
27 November 2023, 09:00 - approx. 16:30