What are the strategic and innovation challenges facing Danish firms in the contemporary global economy, and how should these challenges be addressed? These questions form the theme of an afternoon event brought to you by the Department of Strategy and Innovation at CBS. This free event will feature executive briefings and an inspirational keynote talk about the challenges facing business today. The day will be wrapped up with a light reception for the participants. The event provides a unique opportunity to get insights from business leaders, the latest research from strategy and innovation scholars, and opportunities for discussion and networking in an informal setting.
13.30 Welcome and registration
13.45-14.45 Parallel master classes 1-5:
- Disrupted HR: A Way Forward by Dana Minbaeva (Professor at CBS)
- Markets for Technology and the Timing of High-tech Entrepreneurial Exit by Thomas Rønde (Professor at CBS)
- Patient innovation: When Medical Patients Become Innovators by Pedro Oliveira (Professor MSO at CBS)
- Rethinking Intellectual Property as a Strategic Tool by Palle Høy Jakobsen (Study Director of the BioBusiness and Innovation Programme of CBS, former director of the Scandinavian unit of EIT Health and senior licensing director Novo Nordisk A/S), Nikolaos Papageorgiadis (University of Liverpool Management School), and Wolfgang Sofka (Professor MSO at CBS)
14.45-15.00 Coffee break
15.00-16.30 Keynote talk by Aaron Chatterji (Duke University) on CEO activism; discussion with Claus Mossbeck (Tatarklubben) and CEOs. Watch Aaron Chatterji in a sneak preview
16.30-16.45 Coffee break
16.45-17.45 Three parallel panels 1-3:
- High-skilled Immigrants in Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Recent evidence by H.C. Kongsted (Professor at CBS), Valentina Tartari (Associate Professor at CBS), and Keld Laursen (Professor and Head of Department at CBS)
- Discovering and Developing Leadership Talent for New and Diverse Competences in Management by Aleksandra Gregoric (Associate Professor at CBS), Louise Mors (Professor at CBS), Lars Rasmussen (Chair of the Board of Coloplast) and Inge Berneke (partner at EgonZehnder).
- Digitization Strategy by Mavericks and Enforcers by Thomas Ritter (Professor at CBS) and Carsten Lund Pedersen (postdoc at CBS)
17.45 Reception with food and drinks
The event is organised in collaboration with Tartarklubben.
The summit takes place Wednesday March 13 at Copenhagen Business School.